Just days after I explored Google Earth I had the opportunity to take my students on a virtual field trip to Tiny Town, Colorado. We are studying ratios and Tiny Town is a perfect example of ratios being used in real life. I flew them from Sturgis Middle School to Tiny Town, CO, zoomed in on the miniature village, and zoomed out to show them the relationship to Denver, CO and the Rocky mountains. After showing them its location, I was able to find a "Tiny town home video" that someone uploaded to YouTube. All of this was an excellent hook into the lesson that followed.
I also put placemarks on atleast 4 locations. These include Tiny Town, CO, the missouri and mississippi river, Norfolk VA, and NJ.
I will certainly be using this on a regular basis in my classroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment